Mt. Thielsen gear requirements

skimbleshanks

In A few weeks or month or so I plan on taking my brother and a friend up Mt. Thielsen. None of us have been there and I am the most experienced climber among us. A few summits of Hood, Adams once and just summited Rainier about a week ago. From pictures I feel like I could climb it without A rope or protection. However, how I feel from a few pictures combined with the even more novice partners im going with leads me to want to bring my rope and a few pieces of gear. I am having trouble finding a good gear list. Specifically nut and hex sizes that would be appropriate?This is a climb different than I have done before and I dont really have a "rack". Thus I'm going to buy some gear and have a different friend run me through some placement techniques. I plan on running through some belay and rappell stuff with my brother and friend prior to this trip. Im looking to have a fun time, push ourselves a little bit, but most importantly get back home alive and in one piece. Thank you for your time.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days