Momentum SODO and Momentum Seattle

olyclimber

https://www.momentumclimbing.com/sodo/

Can't believe I just learned about this yesterday, but there are two new climbing gyms going in in Seattle by Utah-based Momentum Climbing.

Lots of things I don't understand, but I'm totally OK with given that the locations are convenient to me:

Why are they opening two locations so close to one  another? I get that one will be bouldering and that the other will also have ropes.

How they fit in with the second location with the SBP, whom Cascadeclimbers.com has partnered with in the past...other than yeah...ropes will make them different.

Anyway, cool to see more options to get your pump on!

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Updates:

The sodo gym is open. Bouldering only. new holds, new walls, new gym. A good location if you work at Starbucks or live in West Seattle (not me). 

Word on the street is that development of the location next to SBP is on hold, perhaps indefinitely. It's easy to imagine a variety of factors in play, including proximity to SBP, the WS DOT project that seems to be using space behind the building in question as a staging area, parking challenges in the area, and homelessness in the area. I wouldn't hold your breath on this one...

• 8 months later...