• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!

Im looking for a partner to ski tour the south side climbing route of Hood, with the goal to summit Mt Hood on 5/25. 

l'll be leaving from Portland around 11pm-Midnight 5/24 (Thursday, night before and am more than happy to pick you up and carpool) and plan on starting on the trail from Timberline around 1am. I'm relatively new to ski mountaineering, with two seasons under my belt, but Ive done St Helens, Broken Top and Mt Washington before. Mt Hood is my current white whale. I've gone up to Hogsback twice but have turned back due to lame conditions one time and equipment failure another. Looking for a buddy to try and summit this thing for real this time!