Ride of the Valkyries @ Purina

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 1:23 PM, dberdinka said:

dick cilley......when I was 17 years old in the ancient year of 1990...you were living out of your van selling gear in Icicle Creek...no one around....plenty of camping......those were the best of days.....

I still have a chalk bag I bought from Dick about that same time at the Snow Creek TH .  He had a mannequin riding shotgun in his van and told stories of being hassled by The Man about vagabonding and being, well,  eccentric.  I learned later of his substantial contributions to Leavenworth climbing.

Edited by matt_warfield

On 7/3/2019 at 1:23 PM, dberdinka said:

no one around....plenty of camping

My lament in the last decade or so. I guess every generation in WA says the same though.  I know the crowding since Treaty times has been a one way ratchet, with no relief in sight. 

• 1 month later...

I've been cleaning it up lately and it seems totally safe. No pins in the roof (1 oxidized fixed nut) and plenty of gear opportunities made it an easy aid solo to get the rope up. All anchors have been replaced but i'm still waiting to get my hands on some chain.

I'm gonna give it some more scrubbing and a free burn on Tuesday. I'll also be taking my rope down then, sorry about the eye sore. 

P1 is more or less good to go but still needs chain on the anchor. I may also do some work on the other routes that you access from the alcove. 

Edited by Michael Telstad
  • Like 1