Interesting Rock

Billygoat

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Fern! I appreciate the killer link. That rock looks beautiful. It was hard to make out when I drove past yesterday. The rock seemed like black granite or slate. I will have to do some exploring around there. I take it Dru is Drew Brayshaw. It seems he lives and breathes the alpine laugh.gif

Does anyone know the name of the dark, distinct dome right beside the road at the pass between Hope and Merritt? And what kind of rock it is and who has climbed it bigdrink.gif

Total choss. Don't waste your time. No fun. Shitty. No good views. I wore Tevas for light approach footwear, that was a lot of fun coming down, seeing as we missed the trail to the road and had to bushwack down overgrown talus into the woods.

How about exciting and worth a try?? What do you mean "choss pile" Necro (are you named after some French climb)?! Looks like fairly good granite. Are you just trying to keep me away from there cantfocus.gif Drew wrote up some enthusiatic route description on bivouac.com. The whole area around there looks interesting. Am I wrong. It is a bummer to have it so close to the road but as you all know, if one has to hike more than 15 minutes one loses 98% of the gapers and squids.... yelrotflmao.gif

How about exciting and worth a try?? What do you mean "choss pile" Necro (are you named after some French climb)?! Looks like fairly good granite. Are you just trying to keep me away from there cantfocus.gif Drew wrote up some enthusiatic route description on bivouac.com. The whole area around there looks interesting. Am I wrong. It is a bummer to have it so close to the road but as you all know, if one has to hike more than 15 minutes one loses 98% of the gapers and squids.... yelrotflmao.gif

Total mung. I'll never go back, unless my farmed routes come in this year. Four hundred feet of hose was a real ballbuster, but it'll be worth it if it gets cold enough.

The Coquihalla area, has some good rock, and some that resembles uncooked oatmeal. Yak Crack in particular has a lot of the latter style. Take a bowl with you and save some for breakfast the next day.

That said, its not the teetering, choss pile loose death heap, many Squamish climbers would have you believe. Compared to the Rockies or Vantage, its solid city. yelrotflmao.gif