Grant Money to police climbers+

Chris Hopkins

Don't know if this has been posted yet.

http://methowvalleynews.com/2018/02/16/rco-grants-will-support-trail-campground-maintenance-projects/

"The goal of the project is to educate climbers on environmentally and socially responsible climbing practices, collect data on use and resources, identify environmental impacts, continue building relationships with the climbing community, and enforce regulations.

Funding for the climbing rangers is provided through the Nonhighway and Off-Road Vehicle Activities (NOVA) program of the RCO. "

Edited by Chris Hopkins
Trying to reduce font size for paste text

Great, more conspiracy BS.  Also included in your list were grants focused on other parts of the wilderness area, 250K for trail maintenance, 150K for campground maintenance, 100K for mountain bike trails.

Maybe the headline should have been "Grant money to build trails and reduce human impacts" or maybe that wouldn't have the same ring to it.

51 minutes ago, JBo6 said:

Great, more conspiracy BS.  Also included in your list were grants focused on other parts of the wilderness area, 250K for trail maintenance, 150K for campground maintenance, 100K for mountain bike trails.

Maybe the headline should have been "Grant money to build trails and reduce human impacts" or maybe that wouldn't have the same ring to it.

Peace out.

download (1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The last thing I want to see while I'm climbing is a government official trying to interact with me.  Super lame.  In fact it's hard to imagine something lamer.  Put the money into making the areas more impact resistant by making clearly marked on and off trail areas, improved bathrooms and trash cans.  Look how packed vantage was before the Washington climbers coalition stepped up and built the bathroom when the government wouldn't.  Then one day a cop is writing me a parking ticket at Vantage and explaining to me this is how the bathroom gets paid for.  The truth Is they site us and the money goes to a unicorn ranch to fund safe injection sites for homeless drug addicts.  This is the same government that's cool with injecting tons of chemicals into the earth to get oil from fracking but we climbers need an environmental liason to interact with mama nature? Total horseshit! 

• Rawk on! 1