• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
olyclimber

Dan Helmstadter TRs - Photo restoration

Do you have a favorite pre-2013 Dan Helmstadter where the photos aren't showing up?

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/profile/24033-danhelmstadter/?do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

link one here...there are number to fix, so let me know if there is one i should fix sooner.

I think around 2013 or so he switched to Flickr, so those ones are fine.

• Rawk on! 2

This is awesome @olyclimber.  There is a whole bunch of people that probably have no idea of the amazing extent of @danhelmstadter  first descents.

18 hours ago, JasonG said:

This is awesome @olyclimber.  There is a whole bunch of people that probably have no idea of the amazing extent of @danhelmstadter  first descents.

I am unbelievable stoked about this "project".     Dan is a humble and good dude.   I was so bummed about his TRs being messed up due to that image hosting site.  Thank jeebus for the Way Back Machine!

I'm going to keep at this till everyone of his TRs are restored.  The most prolific and imaginative alpine skier this site has ever seen (and there have been some DUDES....Sky and Ross, etc )...curious if historically there is anyone to touch what he has done.

• Rawk on! 1

1 hour ago, olyclimber said:

I'm going to keep at this till everyone of his TRs are restored.

GO @olyclimber!!:skiing:

Rolling...more fixed.  These TRs are treasure and you should appreciate them:

• Rawk on! 1

Good work Oly, that's the sort of awesome history this place can be a good repository for.