Mountaineering in the Cascades - June/July 2018

kjf64

Looking for folks that would be interested in tackling some big objectives in the Washington Cascades this Spring!  Particularly interested in climbing on Mt. Rainier and the North Ridge on Mt. Baker (I'm pretty stoked on climbing steep ice!), but I'm pretty open to any other suggested climbs as well.  I'd be flying over from New Hampshire (so I may need to hitch a ride with folks if they are willing), and hoping to spend a solid week out there.  Tentatively the first or second week in June, or possibly a little later.  Ive got three seasons of pretty serious ice climbing/leading experience (WI 4-4+) here in New England, including lots of winter alpine climbs.  I have also climbed Mt Shasta and Mt Hood out there in previous years, but no real glacier travel experience (looking to learn though!).  Spent two summers climbing alpine rock and snow in the mountains of central Idaho and a bit in the Tetons as well, and am comfortable leading 5.8-5.9 and easy mixed terrain.  Please give me a shout if interested!  Feel free to text me too, 978-503-9191, and hopefully we can throw some plans together.

Thanks,

Kevin M

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 for Kevin! We climbed the Grand Teton (complete Exum) and Hood (south side/old chute) together. Upstanding spray-free human and safe, competent, fit climbing partner. 

Edited by Alisse
Add detail for route on Hood

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kevin, I'm planning on doing the North Ridge of Kulshan (Baker) in June and I'm looking for partners. I generally prefer do such routes with people I've already climbed with, but we can discuss it. I also will likely be in the NY area in late May so it's possible we could climb something on the east coast.