• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!

At 44 I am not getting any younger, and next year is my year to climb Denali.  Wife has agreed to give me a month sabbatical from the family, and saving vacation time from work.  I have extensive Cascade climbs, glacier travel and general mountaineering experience.  I have never been to Alaska however.

I tried to find a team via CC.com about 5 years ago, and it fell apart early.  Then kids came along and my Denali dream was put on hold.  I am hoping to find or put together a team for next year.  If you are like minded, give me a shout.  Looking for people who truly want to do this and willing to commit.

Kevin

Hey I'd be up reply if you're interested I'm ski patrol candidate will be full member By summer, have wfr can rock climb will ice climb this winter. Has backpacked in negative temps

Im looking to join or create a team to summit denali 2019 as well. If you want to know my experience and or feel each other out get ahold of me. 

On 3/3/2018 at 5:31 PM, needtoclimb said:

At 44 I am not getting any younger, and next year is my year to climb Denali.  Wife has agreed to give me a month sabbatical from the family, and saving vacation time from work.  I have extensive Cascade climbs, glacier travel and general mountaineering experience.  I have never been to Alaska however.

I tried to find a team via CC.com about 5 years ago, and it fell apart early.  Then kids came along and my Denali dream was put on hold.  I am hoping to find or put together a team for next year.  If you are like minded, give me a shout.  Looking for people who truly want to do this and willing to commit.

Kevin

Hey Kevin. I'm trying really hard to make Denali 2019 a reality as well. I'm 48, and trying to get to the summit while I'm still strong and healthy. I've summited Rainier in the summer unguided, as well as Hood. Most of my experience is on rock, having successfully summited The Nose of El Cap and the Regular NE Face of Half Dome. If nothing else, that proves I'm a tenacious son of a bitch, lol. My plan would be to arrive in Alaska for this climb in the best physical condition of my life, with all the skills and knowledge needed for a safe and successful summit bid. Let me know if you're willing to explore this further. Thanks! -Derek Simms

Hey all, 

I have taken AMTL 1 through AAI and experienced in glacier travel, crevasse rescue, rock climbing techniques, etc and currently taking ski mountaineering and AAIRE courses.  I have also dabbled in trad climbing and ice climbing but not very comfortable, yet.  I frequent Vertical World and climb around a 5.11a top rope and 5.10c sport.

I've done the Washington state volcanoes and some alpine rock with plans to get into ice climbing this winter.  I’m healthy and in very good shape with no struggles on my previous climbs.  I’m safe, low maintenance, and always learning.

I have all personal gear and a lot of group gear for Denali.  I will want to ski up to 14K.  I do not want to do the climb guided.  Climb dates would ideally be late May/June. 

I'm in Seattle and ready to meet people that are interested.  I probably will not do it with you unless we have climbed something prior.  

Thanks! 

David

Edited by DoStuff