WANTED: used mountaineering boots size 11/44.5

vsigler

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang you wear the exact size I wear, but I honestly have found a couple pair of boots that *do* fit me without being "uncomfortable"...so there is no way I want to part with them for that cheap.   I would say if you can't get them here then find out what does fit you (go to REI or something) and then buy a slightly used pair off of ebay.  That is actually how I got my last boots.  I find that both the La Sportiva and Scarpas in size 44.5 fit my feet really well.  Everyone is differently, so don't be married to that particular size for every boot!  You have to try them on.

Now they're called Ascent Outdoors.  Not sure if they still have much used gear. 

I bought a used pair of Scarpa SLs there in 2004 for $40.  I'm still using them, even after two, month-long trips to Nepal and tons of backpacking.  Not on the first sole any more though.... 

Thank you. I have purchased boots from eBay previously, but currently, they don’t have anything available that works for my budget. Thank you also for the Ascent Outdoors tip. However, I am not local (Ohio). I will keep my eyes open on eBay and the other gear forums.