Alpine Partner Spring/Summer 2018

sethuhla

Travel for work, moving to Seattle tomorrow until at least June.  I've felt like my alpine game kinda peaked in the Cirque of the Towers in Wyoming last summer.  I've been in Southern Oregon and had a pretty serious lack of snow and lack of skilled partners the last six months that's kept the climbing non-challenging and the summits lacking. I'm stoked to get to Washington and get on some big alpine, mountaineering, rock and mixed objectives, and do more backcountry skiing as well.  Basically I need a partner/mentor with lots of experience and motivation.  I'm 30 yr old, very fit, and extremely motivated.  Been rock climbing for a while, have trad gear and ropes, lead 5.8 to 5.9 trad comfortably, have all gear for ice/mixed.  I've climbed and skied Shasta via the avy gulch in 10ish hours and some other peaks in southern Oregon and am comfortable with that amount of effort/elevation gain in a push.  I understand crevasse travel and rescue fundamentally and have practiced pulleys and travel on dry ground but I need to get on real glaciers and learn.

Basically I want to get out in the mountains as much as possible and push myself on bigger stuff in the North Cascades.  My schedule is variable, I work 3 days a week but can often stack days and switch days to get 4-7 off in a row.

Also will be at a rock gym a lot as I'm working through both the Anderson brothers rock training book, and Training for the New Alpinism.  Would love to swap belays or find a training partner.

Email me, Seth:    sethocaster@gmail dot com  

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic