• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
sethuhla

Alpine Partner Spring/Summer 2018

Travel for work, moving to Seattle tomorrow until at least June.  I've felt like my alpine game kinda peaked in the Cirque of the Towers in Wyoming last summer.  I've been in Southern Oregon and had a pretty serious lack of snow and lack of skilled partners the last six months that's kept the climbing non-challenging and the summits lacking. I'm stoked to get to Washington and get on some big alpine, mountaineering, rock and mixed objectives, and do more backcountry skiing as well.  Basically I need a partner/mentor with lots of experience and motivation.  I'm 30 yr old, very fit, and extremely motivated.  Been rock climbing for a while, have trad gear and ropes, lead 5.8 to 5.9 trad comfortably, have all gear for ice/mixed.  I've climbed and skied Shasta via the avy gulch in 10ish hours and some other peaks in southern Oregon and am comfortable with that amount of effort/elevation gain in a push.  I understand crevasse travel and rescue fundamentally and have practiced pulleys and travel on dry ground but I need to get on real glaciers and learn.

Basically I want to get out in the mountains as much as possible and push myself on bigger stuff in the North Cascades.  My schedule is variable, I work 3 days a week but can often stack days and switch days to get 4-7 off in a row.

Also will be at a rock gym a lot as I'm working through both the Anderson brothers rock training book, and Training for the New Alpinism.  Would love to swap belays or find a training partner.

Email me, Seth:    sethocaster@gmail dot com  

Cheers!