Looking for retired ropes, usable and not usable

chris

Looking for retired ropes for two separate projects:

First, looking for retired ropes that aren't suitable for anything more than dog leashes. They'll actually be donated to a friend who has a farm over on the Kitsap, and having trouble with predator birds going after his chickens. He strings up ropes criss-crossing the area they're roaming in to discourage attacks dives, but doesn't have quit enough rope with what I've given him.

Second, I'm looking for ropes that are retired from leading but still good enough for fixed line use. For projects of my own. B|

I live in West Seattle and I'm self-employed, so I'm happy to drive around town to pick anything up. I'll make trips out of the city if someone has a large enough pile too, or we can try to meet up somewhere to do a hand-off if its not too much trouble for the both of us.

You can reply below or message me, or email me at chris at simmonsmountain dot works. 

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, JasonG said:

This is probably too obvious @chris, but have you already checked with the climbing gyms in the area?

can never hurt to ask, but i would suspect that a commercial business would not want their old gear possibly misused and result in an accident exposing them to liability.  Not saying that Chris would misuse anything related to climbing but just as a general rule for businesses.

On 2/13/2018 at 10:21 AM, chris said:

@JasonG no I hadn't thought of that, but I do know the folks at VW so I might take that chance. Thanks for the idea!

I have taken many fixed lines from the old rope bin at vw...just ask! Most are good enough to solo on but i wouldn't mention you will be using them for such things. Say you're making dog leashes.