• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
e-dorvs

Ortho recommendation (knee)

Newb to the forum and the Cascades after having moved to the Seattle area this past summer (last 10 years in Colorado). 

Having some knee issues after a super random and seemingly minor tweak three weeks ago, specifically it seems to be meniscus related.  I am going to be checking out an Orthopedic tomorrow based on some work colleague recommendations but I can't help to think I'd rather talk to someone who "gets it".  By that I mean, I would really like to talk with a doctor who understands how getting back to alpine sunrises or hard fought backcountry turns or even just a rainy trail run would mean to overall well-being beyond the fitness aspect (and who also happens to be great with a surgical knife - if needed).  I figured this was a good crew to check in with.

Any recommendations from this group that may fit that bill? 

Dr. Christopher Wahl. He's an athletic guy, and gets athletic people, huge experience with athletes, and great surgeon if it's needed. 

http://www.wahlmd.com/ Him and his team have been helping me with my knee issues.