Invitation to Karakoram.

Khattak

Hi, 

I am new to Cascadesclimbers and actually I have never used a forum before so I don't know how it works, so yeah I am Shehryar Khattak a student of product design from Pakistan and I am a rock climber among the very few. We are open to host any big wall climbers who wants to come climb and exchange the knowledge with us.

I have recently started going in to Karakoram to learn big wall art by myself as rock climbing is very new here and we don't have any big wall climber who can take me under the wing, I will be please to make friends here. If you guys want to ask something about climbing or just want to chat please feel free to email me at "sktalkie@gmail.com" or comment below.

Thanks.

Welcome Khattak!  Yes, you are a long ways from the Cascade Mountains but you are certainly welcome to post up here.  We have a few big wall climbers on the site and some pretty nice wall climbs in the area (Index, Squamish, Smith Rock, Washington Pass, etc).  You should post up some pictures of the walls in the Karakorum you are looking to climb!  Maybe that will entice someone to visit.

If you are interested in big walling and A5 gear you should also check out the forum on supertopo.com.  There are a lot of Yosemite climbers who post there including John Middendorf who designed the A5 Haulbag and is still making innovative gear (he recently had a kickstarter for a new D4 portaledge).  He also has the site bigwalls.net which is a wealth of info on his gear designs.

Cheers,

OlympicMtnBoy

• Like 2

16 hours ago, OlympicMtnBoy said:

Welcome Khattak!  Yes, you are a long ways from the Cascade Mountains but you are certainly welcome to post up here.  We have a few big wall climbers on the site and some pretty nice wall climbs in the area (Index, Squamish, Smith Rock, Washington Pass, etc).  You should post up some pictures of the walls in the Karakorum you are looking to climb!  Maybe that will entice someone to visit.

If you are interested in big walling and A5 gear you should also check out the forum on supertopo.com.  There are a lot of Yosemite climbers who post there including John Middendorf who designed the A5 Haulbag and is still making innovative gear (he recently had a kickstarter for a new D4 portaledge).  He also has the site bigwalls.net which is a wealth of info on his gear designs.

Cheers,

OlympicMtnBoy

I keep on seeing these areas u mentioned only in videos as I don't know if I will ever be able to visit them myself.Oh yes I will join supertopo.com definitely. 

Below are some pictures of Nanghma Valley where I went to climb Nanghma Valley has wall gigantic walls like Amin brakk,Zang brakk and The great wall.

FB_IMG_1517624704817.jpg

FB_IMG_1517624674737.jpg

FB_IMG_1517624696307.jpg

FB_IMG_1517624567009.jpg

• Rawk on! 1