• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!

buying a new GPS sports watch for BC skiing, mountaineering, long trail runs, sometimes biking -- standard dirtbag stuff. please weigh in with what you like and why -- thanks.

I have a Suunto Ambit3 Peak. I like it.

Pretty much any of them:

1.  battery life
  2. thickness/size of the watch
  3. usability
  4. functions you want 

I thought the Suunto Ambit3 was the best choice considering those factors for that when I got it (some blowout sale somewhere online, so no where near the full price).  For this watch though I do note that a lot of people have had issues with the band.  A $$$ watch and you could lose it quick if the band fails... I just wish there were after market straps for it (there aren't, I can't find any at least) so I could strap it OVER my coat.

If you're an AAC member you can get good deals on Suunto watches. I think I got an ambit3 for 60% off.