Seeking Winter Partner(s)

JacobWilson

Hey all! I’m looking for ice climbing/alpine partner(s) this winter. I’m off the 1st trough January 8th and would love to get out and climb and/or splitboard for an extended/weekend trip. And after that I’m available for four-day weekends most of the winter.

I’m hoping to find a climbing mentor/regular partner on here, I moved down from Alaska, and don’t know anyone that ice climbs here. I’m still learning, but I can lead easy WI3 (follow five/six) and have one full season (ton of climbing) under my belt, and a short one last year.  This is my third season climbing and I started leading rock on gear over the summer. Also, I have my Avy One and good head on my shoulders.  

Have gear (all of it), will travel. Love winter camping.

I’m a grad student at U of Idaho, and thus trapped in the mountainless Palouse, however I’m mobile: the Cascades, Wallowas, Hyalite/Montana, Idaho, Banks Lake, Canada, basically anywhere in an eight-hour radius of Moscow, Idaho. It would be cool to find someone here in the inland northwest to climb with regularly, but like I said I don’t mind traveling, and would love to link up for day/weekend trips.

Feel free to message or call my cell or message me on MP.

Thanks!

Jacob Wilson

(630) 779-3692

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jacob,

looking for touringspartners skimounteneering, climbing from early February until April 12th. I am from south of Germany two hours to Berner Oberland and many 4000m summits.

My dream before going home is doing The Twins at Columbia Icefield in Canada. Season for this objective starts beginning of April. 4 days required, camping because there is no hut. 

Have some years of experience (resume) got all gear except Dry rope and have car.

Also open for other suggestions. Right now in Vancouver and from mid February back in Banff.

Shout me a text on that number or call 1(604)3524260

cheers Markus (alias Peterborgi)