Costco Chino stretch nylon pants.

DanO

Check them out when they are in Costco, they are made of nylon and spandex, super thin and light and fairly tough. They are a great lightweight hiking or climbing pant for uphill cold weather approaches and for in general cooler weather, in hot weather I prefer shorts or zip offs.  They shed light rain and dry very fast, the material they are made of seems like magic to me, (but I have not experienced much of the higher end pants from climbing companies). They are almost like long underwear for your legs in function, but are in pants form with pockets.  They do not have lower leg zippers but are stretchy enough to pull over boots. I had leg zippers installed on a pair. If you tend to run warm to hot  while moving give them a try,  around 20 bucks at Costco when in stock, they should be back in this spring sometime.

Dan

Edited by DanO

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some of these.  The fit isn't perfect for me but for the price they are great.  The stretchy fabric is also nice.  Costco also had some zip off leg stretch pants for about the same price that I also bought.  They fit me a bit better and I wear them more often.  Durability isn't great but I tend to stain pants regularly at work (dirt etc from field work) so I go through pants often and once again for the price I'm not expecting a ton of durability.