• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Barry331

Google Express $10 off $15 w/free shipping!!!

Just wanting to pass along a great climbing gear deal.  Picked up a BD Neutrino carbiner and BD 60cm dynex sling for $7.54 shipped!

TODAY (only?) Google Express is offering free shipping over $15.  Combine this  with a first time user credit of $10.  

Moosejaw & Paragon Sports are both Google Express merchants so you can score great deals on carabiners, slings, etc..

Also $14.90 counted as "close enough" for free shipping.

Enjoy!

Hi Barry, sorry man we we don't allow affiliate links or referral codes like this other than for ones that support the site. We do appreciate that you were up front about everything, but it is just against site policy.

There are a number of reasons, but the two biggest ones are:

1. To prevent everyone spamming referral codes and links with affiliate codes.  We don't want this site to become a sea of people trying to get people to use their codes so they can make side money (or I've seen people try to do it as a main source of income!).

2. CC.com needs those links and referral dollars coming in to support the site!  So any codes/affiliate links must go toward funding the site.  It isn't free to run this site, and we don't make very much as it is.  The money we do raise from the site goes towards hosting fees, licensing software, and funding things that support the site.

So we appreciate the heads up on the sale/discount, but I had to remove your referral code.   

Thank you for your understanding, and Happy Holidays.

Sorry, didn’t see anything about affiliate links in the sticky. Can people at least send me a message? There are some great deals to be had today  

For example, A Black Diamond Vaporlock Screwgate Carabiner can be purchased for  about $5-$6 shipped!!!

It has been, must have not been brought over when we converted to the new forum software. I'll add it back.

We would prefer it if you didn't have people PM you to get a referral code!  In fact, I was going to edit your post and take out all the info, but I thought it would be a good reminder to everyone that it isn't permitted. Obviously we aren't going to interrupt private conversations, but please don't do it.

Believe me, if we allow one person to do it, then lots of people will be doing it, and then we'll have our forums full of people trying to make 5 bucks off of our user base.  And again,  this community was facilitated by a lot of hard work by us who run the site and it isn’t free for us to run.

Yeah there a ton of great deals out there....it tis the season for deals.   You are welcome to post about great deals for the members of the site, but not to make money off of it (i.e. no referral codes/affiliate links).   Again, these type of things are reserved for the site to use to make money.