Rainier Pardner 2018

BluePanda

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, My name is Diana, and I'm also looking for rainier climbing partners for next year. I'm based out of the Northeast and was planning to do some training in the White Mountains this winter. As far as other climbing / mountaineering experiences go I recently did guided ascents of Chimborazo and Cayambe (~6000m) this last May (~6000m). I own the same gear (I don't own any rope though) and also consider myself pretty fit. Let me know if you think you'd be interested!

mburrn - are you taking that course the weekend before the 4th, or after?, What really brings me to the West Coast is a a friend's wedding in Portland on June 30th, so I would be looking to do rainier either the following week (4th of July week) or the week before

I am also planning a couple trips this coming year. i have been up Rainier a couple times and i am familiar with the standard route (dc) but open to Emmons as well. I have all the equipment, ( ropes, tent, cooking etc.) I would be interested in joining up for a 2 or even a 3 day climb. 

I was considering Ingraham Glacier or Dissapointment Cleaver, however, I wouldn't be opposed to trying others like Kautz glacier if I'm going with people that have more experience than me. Nick and Climber81, any preference on routes?, Which ones have you done before?

I have only been up the dc route, but I would love to try emmons or kautz as well. I heard Emmons is a lot of fun, and a great alternative to the weekend congestion on the standard route. Hey Nick, how many times you plan on getting out this year??? My schedule is easy to mold around climbing. 

13 hours ago, Nick Magill said:

My schedule is fairly flexible. I'm hoping to get out on at least four Rainier trips this year - early spring Gibraltar Ledges, late spring Fuhrer Finger, early summer Kautz, and mid summer Tahoma Sickle, but I wouldn't mind going on an Emmons trip somewhere in there.

Well I have never been on any of those routes but would definitely be up for it if you dont find anyone else to go with. I have been up the standard rout a couple times and summits on many other cascade peaks. 

On 12/4/2017 at 10:47 PM, Climber81 said:

I have only been up the dc route, but I would love to try emmons or kautz as well. I heard Emmons is a lot of fun, and a great alternative to the weekend congestion on the standard route. Hey Nick, how many times you plan on getting out this year??? My schedule is easy to mold around climbing. 

I'd be super interested in emmons or Kautz.  Have all gear, including MH 3 person 4 season tent.  I'm off from June 15 - September 1, so I have a very flexible schedule.  I'd ideally like to do a few routes.  My goal for this summer, as ambitious as it may be, is DC in a car to car push.

Hi All,

Also interested in a Rainer climb in 2018, I have all the equipment needed just need to find a reliable partner(s) to climb with. This was on my list this summer but my partner flaked on me 5 days before the climb, so I'm hoping to get some route this summer in.

Edited by DancingBear

I am also looking for a partner for my first attempt at Rainier. Hoping to do one of the easier routes, Emmons or DC. I used to do a bit of snow and ice ~10 years ago (a few routes on Shasta, Sierra couloirs, some basic alpine stuff around Chamonix) so I need to get back in shape / refresh my skills before. Available most weekends in late spring / summer, but slight preference for Emmons around July 1-3 since there may be another party interested. Please message me directly if you want to team up.

I may be free later in the climbing season, and would like the full adventure again.  Have been up the Emmons 3 times, once descending the DC.  Rather avoid the DC congestion.  The Kautz and Tahoma interest me.  Of course, I really like the summit area of Mount Rainier, and would love to spend another night, or 2, up there, but planning that is an adventure unto itself.  Allan

• 3 weeks later...

greetings,

anyone wanting to go the Emmons Glacier route this spring/early summer?

I am also a Rainier fan and looking for partner(s) interested with good

experience & fitness.  I am from the Midwest (Missouri or "Missery")

and had a Mt. Pisco summit in 2016 as an initiation into my Alpine ambitions.  

I originally had a former climbing mentor now a professional guide working from Yosemite and 

Chamonix interested in the trip, but it looks like his schedule flux won't allow the opening for our

attempted effort.  (his prior YOSAR experience may be snagging him  for a repeat enlistment) 

I am a beginning Alpinist and humbled by my own inexperience in the glacier and alpine

risk/reward arrangement.  I am interested in gaining a partner(s) with an endowed  knowledge base for

the Cascade alpine environment and would be flattered to gain another mentoring partnership

for new skills.  

Edited by archimdes
can't spell tonight!

• 1 month later...