What hapened with the site?

Alex789

On 3/8/2019 at 11:19 AM, OlympicMtnBoy said:

Anyone else having trouble loading the home page?  I try on my iphone and just get this with safari or chrome.  If I go to a sub page it loads just fine.

I have the same problem. Trying to go to the homepage on desktop Chrome, no dice. Go to a subpage and it loads.

I'm having the same problem on my desktop. At first I thought either 1 of 2 terrible things happened.  Either the site was dead or my work decided to block it.  Then I loaded it on my phone and thought it must be the latter.

Turns out if I google cascade climbers forum it will load through the google link.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey gents --

If I sign in to cc.com but then click any link to move to another page or view (for example if I decide to view "activity" or "forums" after I post this) I get automatically signed out.  what's up with that?   Or is it just set to log you out if you're inactive for a certain period of time?

Edited by tanstaafl

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 8:38 PM, grzesznypl said:

I have noticed many old trip reports are missing pictures (like this one). Is that something that can be fixed??

On 3/7/2019 at 10:06 PM, jon said:

Thanks for pointing this out. I can see the issue and I'll look into how to fix it.

I'm crossing my fingers that this issue of missing pictures in older trip reports is something that eventually gets fixed.  CascadeClimbers has been such a great resource for looking up pictures of routes, and a picture really is worth a thousand words.  There's an incredible amount of knowledge stored in so many trip reports from years past, and it would be a shame to lose it.  Another one of many, many examples on here that have been immensely valuable to me in the past:  

Thanks for all the work you are doing maintaining CascadeClimbers!!

Thanks for pointing out that trip report. These all fail for various reasons, sometimes it's because the images were hot linked from some other now non-existant site or service. In this case it appears we actually have the images but our redirects are not working correctly: https://cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/503/3363LJT_Routes_V2.jpg Obviously this is something we can fix :) I'll look into the best way of doing that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope this can be fixed.  There are TONS of trip reports prior to the site change where the photos no longer show up, including ones where the pics were hosted in the cc.com gallery.  I know it can't be fixed for non-existent sites, but if the photos were on cc.com then hopefully it can get corrected.