What hapened with the site?

Alex789

Take a deep breath Alex.

It will take some getting used to as the bugs are worked out, but this is WAY better, trust us.  The features you are looking for are on their way.

It looks like your photos are  indeed not displaying properly, but we can probably fix that without too much trouble.

The site got moved to new much better software.

feel free to tell share which “buttons” don’t work.  

You are free to go to Facebook if that is your thing!  My mom loves it there. 

Things are changing here as we migrate to a new platform. We hope you stay if you have something meaningful to contribute.

in the meantime submitting a TR just got a whole lot easier. And we will rebuild the best parts of the old software as we can.

15 hours ago, olyclimber said:

The site got moved to new much better software.

feel free to tell share which “buttons” don’t work.  

You are free to go to Facebook if that is your thing!  My mom loves it there. 

Things are changing here as we migrate to a new platform. We hope you stay if you have something meaningful to contribute.

in the meantime submitting a TR just got a whole lot easier. And we will rebuild the best parts of the old software as we can.

Dude your go'n to talk about my mom ....really !!!! >:( 

• 2 months later...

Hey there,

Me again, asking about TRs. Will there be an option to view TRs like the old site? All TRs in one area, sorted latest to oldest? I see that you guy shave TRs sorted by area, but I'm wondering if you'll have a view that has them all in one area.

Thanks for all you guys do, and sorry for beating a dead horse!

33 minutes ago, cgolden123 said:

Will there be an option to view TRs like the old site?

@cgolden123 yes, there will be.  Jon is working on the replacement page.  We know that this is the most important part of the site and it will be coming back.  Until then you can still search and find what you are looking for but agree that it isn't ideal.

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, lutzman said:

Are you guys still working on the TR updates? It was nice that I could look up all TRs by a user on their profile, can't really do that now unless I sift through all their non-TR posts which isn't really practical.

@lutzman.....Go to the TR search page and type in the username you are interested in.  It should return only their TRs.  

The profile summary of TRs is still being developed by @jon

20 hours ago, JasonG said:

@lutzman.....Go to the TR search page and type in the username you are interested in.  It should return only their TRs.  

The profile summary of TRs is still being developed by @jon

This works unless you have a user name like mine that appears in the text of many trip reports.

Yeah, I did that on the old site I think.  It's kind of cool to look up what routes were climbed in "August" over the longer history.  It helps get around the rush when a single TR is posted somewhere saying something is in good shape.  At least if you see a bunch of TRs for a route in a particular month for a few different years, you might guess at your chances.  I haven't tried to find a way to do this on the new site yet.  :-)

• 8 months later...

Howdy -

The "Trip Report Search" link at the top of the page isn't working for me.  I get an error that says "can't connect to the server at cascadeclimbers.com"  I turned off my ad blockers and popup blockers and accepted cookies.  Any other ideas?  

I'm trying to research some extreme climbing routes for the upcoming hardman season!