Partner Search - Alaska Range Expedition Ruth Gorge 2018 Spring/Summer

Tapas

I am looking to get setup with Few people to explore the Ruth Gorge in - 2018 Spring/Summer Season.
My idea is to spend few days in Anchorage first - One day in Matanuska Glacier (Get all the crevasse rescue and ice climbing).
If possible hike one day in - Exit Glacier (Get more situated with Alaskan Glacier Travel).

Then fly down and setup a Base camp in - Ruth Gorge for 2/3 Days.
Get familiar with the area and do some climbing with skill level permits.

I am not a die hard mountaineer or climber - I can do whatever is my limit.

Looking for few like minded people to share the Guide cost or any other cost which can be split.

If you wanna do more intense climbing - you are most welcome to do so.

With Regards
Tapas

I am working on planning out my time in Alaska this coming spring/summer, and trying to determine if the ski plane costs can be split. Last I recall they sold flights on a per person basis. Have you heard if they will reduce the price if more people combine into one flight? I am trying to reduce the $525 dollar flight per person that Sheldon typically charges.

I am not sure if they have any such plan.

I doubt if they will give you a per place cost - Even if they do they will adjust the price such a way that it still cost each one - 500+.

That is one of reason for me to hesitate to take such expedition - because of this huge cost involve.

We all have to fly down to anchorage first and then pay again for this flight to get down to actual climbing are.

I can call them tomorrow and find out.

Otherwise, I think that is one of the cost we have to sphere for that area.

Taylorag06, "Pucker Junkie" - yes, I do want to commit to Ruth trip in Spring 2018.
There is an excellent TR:

I believe people climb Ham & Eggs in April. If you are interested, let's talk. Email me directly at alexander@gorobets.com or text: 425-691-9793

P.S. Though I've climbed Denali, I don't think I am ready for Cassin.

Edited by Alex789

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to put together a trip there this spring as well. I am flying to Anchorage March 27th and staying up there for a month. Looking to do Ham and Eggs to warm up on, then try to bump it up from there to Shaken Not Stirred, or one of the other routes. Let's talk if anyone is interested;  john.w.sims!@gmail.com, or text:(720) 250-8117. I am based out of Seattle. 

On 12/13/2017 at 4:42 PM, jsims6752 said:

I am trying to put together a trip there this spring as well. I am flying to Anchorage March 27th and staying up there for a month. Looking to do Ham and Eggs to warm up on, then try to bump it up from there to Shaken Not Stirred, or one of the other routes. Let's talk if anyone is interested;  john.w.sims!@gmail.com, or text:(720) 250-8117. I am based out of Seattle. 

I am planning to do a short trip during - Memorial Weekend. I can not really get a long break from work for a month - Even though that will be really nice.

I am hoping to get out in Ruth or Kahiltna and camp out there for - may be 3-4 days and try to do some hiking out there.