[TR] Mt Stuart - Complete N Ridge 8/26/2017

alps

Trip: Mt Stuart - Complete N Ridge

Date: 8/26/2017

Trip Report:

I won't bore you with a full trip report, but just in case anyone is planning to climb it soon and is wondering about how much water to take: as of last Sunday (August 27), the only place to get water on the route was a small snowpatch right below the "slab with crack", just a little before reaching the Great Gendarme. It was small, and it is probably going to melt completely very soon. After that I didn't pay as much attention to other options, but the only other snow somewhat close to the route that I noticed was just below the summit (didn't really look if it would be feasible to get there). Once on the south side, there is no water until you are almost down to Ingalls Creek. So, plan accordingly and have fun!

What a great climb! :)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's still a huge patch of snow on the false summit, so you can get water there if you bring a stove. Personally, I wouldn't bring a stove, unless you are bivying on route (and I wouldn't do that, so never a stove I say). Drink one and grab a couple liters to go at the bottom and then bang it out. And while you're doing the death march back to your car, contemplate that Colin Haley and partner did this route c-to-c in under 7 hours:

Edited by Good2Go