• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
gregm

viewing recent posts/threads

i miss the old way of viewing recent threads. remember when you could choose last 40 threads, or last 25 spray-free? and the old way would show you the recent threads versus the new way shows you recent posts, such that if there's one thread that gets a lot of replies it pushes the others out of view. you can still view recent threads but only in a forum by forum sort of way. i think it would be good if you had a quick way to scan recent threads without just seeing how everyone is replying to the current hot spray topic. it also gets confusing when people change a topic title and you get sucked into some political thread you've already decided to ignore. aside from giving me personally an easier way to scan for interesting stuff after i've been away getting work done, it might keep discussion more spread out to a variety of topics, and interesting topics that don't get a lot of replies wouldn't be overlooked.

just a suggestion of course, no need to call the fire dept.

you asketh and shall recieveth, the search page is now enhanced with this functionality, check the thread in climbers wall for more info