mattp

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Philfort:

Wanna go? I might be interested in a return visit this Spring. There is a lot of good skiing up there.

Dru:

Do you know if RR Pass (Hurley River Road) is open this winter?

I don't think the pass has been plowed through the winter since about 1990 when the price of timber made it feasible cost wise (?)

I'd be up for a spring trip up there... I wonder if a snowmobile would make it a reasonable wknd trip..

I think hauling a snowmobile up there -- and then using the thing -- would be more trouble than it is worth. There are great roadside ski destinations right off Roads that ARE driveable all winter, and if that isn't good enough there is always Pemberton Helicopters.

Phil-

What I'm saying is that there is a LOT of roadside skiing up there. The following two ski runs, both nearly 3,000', are both easily skiable as day trips at this time of year without a snowmobile. Later in the Spring, I'd be for using a snowmobile to head up Ryan River or something for a longer trip, though.

myst12.jpg

myst13.jpg

By the way: any guesses?

Edited by mattp