Mystery Photo

mattp

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not Cuthroat either, but good guess (though it isn't close to cutthroat).

Hint #3 - I think there's actually a picture of it already a few pages back, in the background of one of the other pictures.

Hey philfort, i'm losing track on which pic you are giving hints about...could you post with attachment again?

foo.JPG

1) Jim Nelson did a "winter conditions" route on it.

2) photo taken less than a mile from a road.

3) it already appeared way in the background of a picture a few pages back

4) commonly seen, but I don't think commonly climbed

it's not a wine spire, cutthroat, or goldenhorn, and it's also not Index.

Edited by philfort

scottp, is that Luna?

Luna it is, but I think ye be wrong on that double summit in the background being Fury. The aspect is wrong from where I shot the pic. From the south, I think Fury would be in the foreground. I'm thinking something up around the Spickard/Redoubt area. I really don't know.

Here's a question along these lines that you guys can solve without a photo. On the cover of Challenge of the North Cascades, there is a great shot taken in close of a mixed climb. Buckner, Goode, and Logan are in the background. I've wondered for years what I am looking at. Something on the N or NE aspect of Forbidden, perhaps. Please help.

Dberdinka,

Correct! Though there's no Chikamin in this view. Chimney is in the center (N Peak most prominent from this view), some of the Lemah peaks to the left and Overcoat over on the right.

Mattp,

I think the time has run out on yesterday's pix. Spill it! Especially if you're going to start posting more. bigdrink.gif