SCARY SHIT!!!!

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gates will have his own Inferno. Robber barons historically have not been happy individuals. Wasn't it JP Morgan who quit smoking cigars because he couldn't bear the idea of losing the time that could be applied instead to working to make more money?

As the wealth curve rises, most of us just want more time to enjoy life.

"A Palladiated system is under the complete control of Microsoft at all times."

Oh, yeah, "Palladiated" is totally a legit word. Uh huh.

I wonder what they think Microsoft is going to be doing with our computers? Do these people think Bill Gates is going to hire a couple million extra employees to just sit around monitoring every Joe Halfrack's word-processing activities? Maybe get on your computer and leverage some of your processor's processoring to get Microsoft's ttaxes done in record time? On one hand, this sounds like it is something that could be done; on the other hand, it sounds like it's blown way-ay-aaayyyy out of proportion.

*yawn*

Edited by Dr_Flash_Amazing

How bout the hack-job some fuks pulled a couple days ago? Shit, even my bank got hit. I'm scared.

the funniest thing about sql slammer worm was how hard microsoft's corporate network got hit by it. although they issued a security patch about 8 months ago, they failed to patch all of their internal systems, and didn't have things running smooth on their network until late monday

where do you want to go today?

that simdesk software sounds pretty cool. i just don't think my users would be hip enough to use it. why don't people load star office instead?

there is a ton of great open source tools out there right now, the documentation/usability/ease of deployment is getter better all the time.

yet i still am typing on my winxp box, sitting on my win2k network. oh well.

"A Palladiated system is under the complete control of Microsoft at all times."

Oh, yeah, "Palladiated" is totally a legit word. Uh huh.

I wonder what they think Microsoft is going to be doing with our computers?

Microsoft may not care what you are doing with your computer, but the government might. Suppose the FBI wanted to find out if you were involved in illegal activity. They could get a court order that Microsoft provide them access to your computer. They would be able to see every thing you read or send from your computer. George Orwell's 1984 is here, albeit 19 years late.

George Orwell's 1984 is here, albeit 19 years late.

Now, if I had said this, I would have been decried as a libertarian right wing extremist who should move to Idaho and become neighbors with Randy Weaver.

That said, I agree Catbirdseat...It IS here and can get worse. Just wait for Pre-Crime to catch on - Minorty Report!!!!!!

Here I go, agreeing with GregW again today! I have no doubt that Microsoft would want to be able to scan your computer to see if you have any of that nasty java on there, or to make sure you aren't running unlicensed copies of their software, or to see if they can install something that will make their competitors' programs crash. And I bet they have the technology to do so. Further, I don't doubt that the gubmint might be tempted to spy on some miscreant after they fire off one too many angry letters to their senator, demanding immediate resignation because said senator voted for a tax increase or something.

George Orwell's 1984 is here, albeit 19 years late.

Now, if I had said this, I would have been decried as a libertarian right wing extremist who should move to Idaho and become neighbors with Randy Weaver.

That said, I agree Catbirdseat...It IS here and can get worse. Just wait for Pre-Crime to catch on - Minorty Report!!!!!!

but wait greg...isnt this just part of homeland security?? and now you can calling out against the great gw bush...and his plan to make us all good kids???

the blashammy!!!!!!!

(i love my spelling!)