Wanted: Sunny dry place to visit.

Lucky Larry

Want sunny, dry, warm place to visit for 2-3 weeks; Island or Desert. Tent or floor. Prefer temp room. Has been climber, weak kneed, weak hiker, weak drinker, weakened wet constitution. Poor speller. Fly in & out. Low budget. Antagonizing replies, or ideas, gladly accepted. sickie

Edited by Lucky Larry

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Los Barriles, Baja Sur. Fly into Cabo and rent a car, drive up and base out of Playa Norte for a couple weeks. Plenty of snorkeling,fishing, kiteboarding, and hiking within day range of the campground (which is right on the water and $10/night). Campground has well maintained bathroom/showers, laundry, WiFi. Walking distance to town. Good grocery nearby.

I spent a couple weeks there with my family two winters ago (we drove from WA). I could have spent months.

you could always found a nice burro to settle down w/ out in the joshua trees n' stay as long as you like :)
Lost count of the times been to JT. Takes more then I got left to go gorilla there. Met a hardy young fella that did though. Cold, snow, rain, wind, sun happens w/o warning, as well as, LA crowds and steady train of cars these days. The magic is still there I guess; just saying it's gone for me. Had chance years ago to meet locals at what's his names place but blew/snoozed it off. :sleep: Even tried to get work at local shop but had no game compared to the kids.:cry:

Don't come to 11worth it's been snowing every day since like November
Thanks. Thought I was still a mountain man till this winter here in Portland proved me out to be a limp wimp. Definitely had enough ice and snow to last me to the grave. Still dream about it, not sure why, cause it's over rover. Something to do with pristine vestal virgin snow environment, me thinks. Something about white snow equals purity of soul? Tabla Rasa reboot? :shock: Edited by Lucky Larry

you could always found a nice burro to settle down w/ out in the joshua trees n' stay as long as you like :)
Lost count of the times been to JT. Takes more then I got left to go gorilla there. Met a hardy young fella that did though. Cold, snow, rain, wind, sun happens w/o warning, as well as, LA crowds and steady train of cars these days. The magic is still there I guess; just saying it's gone for me. Had chance years ago to meet locals at what's his names place but blew/snoozed it off. :sleep: Even tried to get work at local shop but had no game compared to the kids.:cry:

i meant the j-trees of red rawks, but whatevers - guess you seen one american desert ye've seen them all - at least this one has groovy n' gaudy nearby public fountains to wash yer whites in :)

i meant the j-trees of red rawks, but whatevers - guess you seen one american desert ye've seen them all - at least this one has groovy n' gaudy nearby public fountains to wash yer whites in :)

Not much Gorilla left for Red Rawks either. Thanks just the same Ivan Von Tailor of Rhythm Rhyme

:pagetop:

Just came back from Vegas and can't believe you're blowing off Ivans offer. I bet he'll even lead the hard pitches! :lmao:

It was 69-70 degrees and almost too warm on the south facing walls, which means that Black Velvet canyon should be prime time by April. Dry and warm were the watch words. Good stuff!

Just came back from Vegas and can't believe you're blowing off Ivans offer. I bet he'll even lead the hard pitches! :lmao:

It was 69-70 degrees and almost too warm on the south facing walls, which means that Black Velvet canyon should be prime time by April. Dry and warm were the watch words. Good stuff!

that sounds so nice!

Thanks. Uh, it's wet and warm now. So aborted. Going Gorgeous. Hermit like. :yoda:

You'll be in good company Larry. Ran into many ex-pat Americans and Canadians living down there for the winter. Super cheap living on a fixed income, sun every day, etc., etc. I could see spending at least Nov/Dec down there every winter. I still like skiing.....

Take up kite boarding! Looks amazing and is one of the world's best spots to enjoy. I was jealous watching everyone.

• 2 weeks later...