WTB: Grivel alpine rock hammer (the red one)

DPS

I would like buy a Grivel alpine rock hammer. This is the older, red shafted model.

I am willing to pay cash, but I also have a bunch of odds and ends that I can trade:

Scarpa Inverno double plastic boots with Intuition liners. Size 9 - 9.5.

Really nice La Sportiva insulated supergaiters. Fit size 9 plastic and insulated leather boots.

Serratus Genie pack (rode hard, put up wet)

BD Shadow 45 liter pack (used, chewed on a bit by a rodent).

If you have a hammer you are willing to part with, please email Daniel-p-smith@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know you said alpine rock hammer but the compact third tool listed below is hard to beat for alpine rock routes in the cascades and other areas where summer glacier travel is relatively easy. charlet moser used to make a similar but lighter item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grivel-Ice-Axe-/272435621311?hash=item3f6e6dadbf:g:WiQAAOSwUEVYENvr (length isn't listed but the shorter the better -- i think the shortest is 43cm)

My idea is simply for driving pitons in the alpine. I've pretty much given up on the idea of using leashless tools for driving pins, so I was thinking of carrying a light hammer in addition to my leashless tools on routes where I expect to need pitons. One of the things I really like about the Grivel is it has an extendable hook for hooking nuts, but could conceivably be used as a v-threader.

One of the things I really like about the Grivel is it has an extendable hook for hooking nuts, but could conceivably be used as a v-threader.

sounds like an old style "Thor" ...

246215_13614_L.jpg

That's the one! Anybody know where I can score one? The little third tool is close, but I would prefer the old Thor.