Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About jayhat

  • Rank
  • Birthday 06/21/1985


  • Homepage
  1. Looking for an update also. Friends and I are trying to decide if we should do worm flows or monitor on Sunday July 7th. We want the route with the most snow (avoid boulder hopping if possible). I am thinking it'll pretty much be melted out by then (both routes). Last years trip reports for early July still had a decent amount of snow though. Any one have any ideas?
  2. Thanks for the reply! I was wondering how packed/icy the snow would be as you climbed. Tentatively have another climb scheduled mid-end feb. Would it have been easier in snow shoes or would the climb have been too steep for them?
  3. Not going to be able to make this one. Please post a review after/if you make the climb, if you don't mind. Still looking to do this soon!
  4. I posted in your other thread about your St. Helens climb. Looks like my bid for the summit is probably not going to happen this weekend. Maybe I'll try and make it out there the day you are planning on your climb!
  5. Yuck. Might just shit can this trip and attempt at a later date. I'll have to look for a replacement hike/climb haha! Thank you for the update!
  6. My friends bailed on me, so I am planning for a solo summit of St. Helens tomorrow AM (sat Dec 15th). I plan to make it as far as I can by noon or 1 and then turning around. Not going to let pride get the best of me. A little concerned about the weather. Supposed to really dump snow this weekend, although it looks like most of it is going to be Saturday afternoon/night and Sunday. Hoping I can beat it. I'll let you know how it goes. I've been monitoring this site for info (which sounds like the same one you are) -- http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gjAwhwtDDw9_AI8zPyhQoY6BdkOyoCAGixyPg!/?navtype=&cid=stelprdb5291050&navid=120000000000000&pnavid=&ss=110623&position=Conditions.Html&ttype=detail&pname=Monitor%20Ridge%20Climbing%20Route%20-%20Ptarmigan%20Trail This is a has a little bit different info but is still on the USFS site -- http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mountsthelens/recarea/?recid=71937 and this for weather -- http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=46.15415111633001&lon=-122.19131469726562&site=pqr&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en