All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Tajikistan

Anyone climbed here? Who did you use for logistics/porters/transport? Permit situation? Safety/security? Access to some peaks is along the Afghan border. Seems like its been done by westerners but not often. Looks like major peaks have all had multiple names as the political situation has changed (one peak I'm interested in seems to have been called at least 4 things at different times). Any resources for figuring out what is what? What has been done? Etc. (AAJ is pretty scarce on this topic and I can't read Russian). Thanks, Sam
  3. Wow, I cannot comprehend how long it's been since my two trips in there. http://www.cascadeclimber.com/beggars_can't_be_choosers.htm http://www.cascadeclimber.com/khusia.htm Like so many Washington ice areas, it's ephemeral and the desired snow cover for the approach makes for snow-covered climbs. What I most remember is coming into the upper basin and not understanding how big the routes are; there's little scale reference and many of the potential lines are 3+ pitches, though it doesn't look like that at first.
  4. Last week
  5. I am selling a NEW Patagonia women's small Nano-air hoody in color "strait blue." It is too small for me. I tried it on once; the tags are still attached. $160 firm.- Stretchy, breathable fabric combines a plain-weave liner, 60g warm-when-wet synthetic insulation and a weather-shedding ripstop shell with a durable water repellent (DWR)- 60g FullRange® insulation warms and stretches; combined with the shell and lining, this creates excellent mechanical stretch and unprecedented air permeability (40 CFM)- Soft, supple feel and full mechanical stretch allow uninhibited range of motion and an updated, athletic fit over base layers- Articulated patterning and quilting improve shape and durability- Trim, stretchy hood with elastic binding fits snugly, yet also still fits over low-profile helmets- Above-harness handwarmer pockets and smaller chest pocket all close with trim, low-bulk zippers- Center-front zipper has a stormflap and zipper garage for next-to-skin comfort- Dual-adjustable drawcord hem seals in warmth; refined cuffs feature sleek, low-bulk, stretch-knit insetsI bought it on Enwild.com and as they don't have a larger size, and I don't want store credit, it makes more sense for me to see if I can sell it here to recup the cost.I got a free Enwild unisex XS t-shirt with the purchase. If you want it, I will throw that in for free.
  6. wanted to buy WTB: CCH Alien - Grey

Bump - old alien, anyone?
  7. Sold, thanks!
  8. 2019/2020 OR/WA Ice Conditions

Anyone been to Banks the last few days?
  9. 2019/2020 OR/WA Ice Conditions

Ancient Lakes. Up close its thinner than it looks in the best shots here. Lots of water and rock seen behind any solid spots.
  10. For sale are some sweet approach skis - Atomic TM22 with Silvretta 404 bindings. Skis are 160 and in super shape, the bindings have a few broken plastic bits unrelated to their operation. I can include some G3 skins as well, they probably need regluing. For those unfamiliar, these bindings will take any mountaineering boot with a heel and toe welt, plus any ski boot. They're very easy to adjust as well. Great for long ice climbing approaches or other shenanigans. Pickup in Seattle, or we could arrange shipping. $175 for everything, thanks for looking!
  11. Injury keeps me from this 7-day, guided, catered, backcountry ski trip near Golden, BC. Sentry Lodge is the northernmost, largest, best appointed of the 4 backcountry lodges run by Golden Alpine Holidays in the Esplanade Range. Trip includes round trip helicopter transport to the Lodge from near Golden plus two ACMG certified guides and an outstanding lodge cook who provides all meals and snacks- you bring any desired intoxicants. Sentry has extensive terrain including peaks for big days and safe terrain when conditions are unstable. Full cost is $2400 US but price is negotiable. Anticipate arriving in Golden on the evening of 1/24/20 for morning drive to staging area on 1/25/20. Contact pfxlewis@gmail.com for further information
  12. free Closed

PM sent
  13. I have 2x Mountain Hardwear South Col OutDry 70L (size S/M) for sale. They are both used only once.$165 each, pickup in downtown Seattle
  14. for sale Petzl Vasak Crampons

For sale are a pair of Petzl Vasak Flexlock crampons. These have been used relatively mildly, all on easy snow routes. Good condition and an even better price!$80 for pickup in Seattle, $90 shipped!
  15. For sale are a pair of La Sportive G5 boots in size 43. I'm selling them because they are sadly a little too big for me and I need to size down. They are in good condition and have plenty of life left on them. This is a great opportunity to get a fantastic pair of boots at a great price!Pickup in Seattle, $425. Send me a message if you are looking to have these shipped.
  16. free Closed

Closed!
  17. I've have a new Suunto Spartan HR that I totally forgot about. I just purchased the Fenix 6S, so I don't have much use for it at this point! I looked around on the internet and this should be the lowest price out there. $250 is shipped to anywhere in the USA. I'll knock off $10 if you pickup in Seattle.
  18. Like new ski touring boots. I bought these 3 weeks ago and I skied in them twice but they are too small for me. They are crazy light and a rad boot for backcountry touring and ski mountaineering. Amazing walk mode and actually really stiff and decent on the decent too. I'll post a picture of the specifications of the boot. here are a few links to the boot - https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/product/s-lab-x-alp.html#color=10710https://sawtoothguides.com/2017/11/20/20172018-salomon-x-alp-ski-boot-review/I bought them for $899, so two uses cost me $200 haha but I need to sell them to buy a new pair so hey...The boots are 26.5 touring boots. Phone number is 5six2 three2one 8ninenine8shoot me a text and we can find a time for you to check out the boots. cheers! IMG_2189.heic
  19. Integral Designs Dolimitti Jacket

I’m interested in this jacket. Is it still available? Thanks.
  20. Knack Make It Easy, A Beginners Guide From the Gym to the Rocks - Steward Green - Knack Make It Easy/ Falcon Publication, 2010 - As new, $12.00 shipped. Instruction books have changed a lot since the publication of Royal Robbin's Basic Rockcraft and MIT's Fundamentals. Glossy photo's, printed on heavy weight stock....and more costly. This one is comprehensive and I think pretty well done. Gym Climbing, Maximize Your Indoor Experience - Matt Burback - The Mountaineers Books, 1st Edition, 2004 - Excellent lightly perused condition. Asking $10.00 shipped. 2 Copies - Mountaineering, The Freedom of the Hills: The Mountaineers, 3rd Edition, 1974 – Very well preserved copy of this older edition, the best I have seen. Pages look near new. Asking $11.00. The Mountaineers, 4th Edition, 1982 - Very well preserved copy of this older edition. Pages are in excellent condition. Solid binding. Normal handling and shelf wear on the hard cover but its minimal. Asking $11.00. Mountaineering - John Cleare - British Publication, Blandford Press Ltd., Dorset, 1980 - As new, asking $10.00.
  21. Looking for folks who are interested in sharing the ride up to Baker on a semi regular basis. I'm travelling from B'ham up to the area several times a week. Skiing both the resort and (if partners are available and appropriate) backcountry. Nothing crazy, mellow lines. And with carpooling, can save on the gas.
  22. This guy also says that high volcanic action is also likely during the cycle he sees ahead. Meaning possibly a time with the sun blocked out, a year with no summer, less food, more ice!!
  23. Chair Peak 2020

Has anyone been up, on, or near Chair Peak N. Face yet this year? Thanks
  24. wanted to buy Anyone selling: mountain hardwear direkt 2

I have seen 4 or 5 for sale in the last year. You just have to keep your eyes open.....Mountain Project, Craiglist and Facebook Marketplace. Good luck...they are worth the effort to get one!
  1. Load more activity