All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Two North Face duffles, 1 large, 1 XL, no punctures or holes. Smaller, size large duffle a bit dirty, XL clean. Large $35.00 XL $45.00 Both $75.00 Shipping: 1 duffle $20.00, both 25.00
  3. Mountain Hardwear Chill Factor fleece, size large. Good condition, no holes, all zippers work. 10th Anniversary patch on middle back. $35.00 + $15.00 shipping
  4. Size large, in great shape, reinforced knees and butt, trap door with zipper on backside. No holes. Hard to find. $45.00 + $15.00 shipping.
  5. [TR] Summit Chief - Standard 09/21/2019

Thanks i have a nikon too and love it- need a telephoto lens
  6. Spring Mtn

Too bad about your azz. And I don't know about recent activity at Spring (fantastic place), but at Index, I've been wearing my kama down like mad the past few years. Good thing new ones are available for just $1.50.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Ice axe and ice tool set for sale. Pickup in Portland preferred, otherwise can ship for cost. 1) Black Diamond Raven Pro - 52cm. Excellent used condition. $50 2) Petzl Aztarex - hammer and adze pair with BD leashes and shafts wrapped with grip tape. Petzl Blue Ice picks are sharp. Great tools and lots of life left. I picked them up used years ago but need something with a real spike. Trade for pair of Petzl Sum'tecs, otherwise $250 for the set.
  9. Selling together for $48.00 shipped. PPFF or Venmo. Well used BD or Chouinard hexes. Initials inscribed on 4 pieces: - (2) #9 - (2) #8 - (1) #7 - (1) #4 - (1) #2 - (1) #1 Dug up Good shape #10 Wild Country Stopper All cables are in good shape without broken strands.
  10. Last week
  11. Spring Mtn

Anyone partake of the glorious Spring Mtn this summer? Curious if anyone's working new routes or scrubbing old. I worked my azz off this summer and didn't get to play much. Living Vicariously, M. Hanna
  12. Beacon

After all your solo trips up the SE corner route try too make it more interesting reading . Try wearing a blind fold !!!!
  13. for sale Grivel tech machine carbon

Damn, if I did not already own a pair of the aluminum version I would be all over these. Great tools and the hammer option is really nice.
  14. Colfax ice

Thanks! I was thinking with the cold rains followed by warm days and cold nights that NF Colfax and NF Hood should be shaping up nicely.
  15. I have a set of grivel tech machine carbons with hammers I'd like to pass on. They are from last season and have only a few days of use. One day in silverton, a day in ouray, two days in hyalite. I ended up with a set of eliteclimb tools and dont need these as extras. Minor scratches from use. Never used drytooling. $400 for the set. 54I-48O-O5IO ~Dave
  16. Belay Device Survey for Highschool Engineering Class

Link doesn’t work.
  17. Colfax ice

I saw some pics from a few days ago, and from a distance a couple of lines look to be forming well. This is perfect time of the year to do them, as they usually get buried by mid winter snow.
  18. Beacon

10/10 - day 45, lap 110 - the poo-dragon strikes back - i dearly detest a fecaphile, so say wave off if you're of the same sentiment and read no further - no time to spare, scooped up the boy-child at school and shot out west to lake vancouver n' then turned my head t'other direction, pounding down amber ale n' changing into my war-gear as the wind beat ever greater upon the windshield - not a second to spare w/o leaving my progeny in limbo, i hit the lot with clear purpose upon my mind, dressed and ready to set out - still, something weren't right on my southern-end, and with the bitter-memory of getting way-laid by the poop-demon on the trail down in the past, i sprinted privy-wise to dispense meself of that ignominious necessity - i'll spare ye the details, but 10 minutes later i was mostly naked and afraid and goddamned if i weren't gonna make the lap happen despite the worst a shit-devil might distress me with - in turgid winds and already desperately late, i surged skywards alone and don't remember a damn bit other than off-colored blood splotches all over the place come the top of pitch 2 - mostly went well from there on out, w/ a solid birthday snitzel to settle my belly on the other side
  19. Beacon

Beowulf said, "Let whoever can win glory before death."
  20. Beacon

does this mean i can quit now?!?
  21. New Webcam at Plummer Hut

Website address for cam is still in process, not set up yet as per the owner. As you can see from the image it's a joint Vancouver Island University/UNBC/Hakai Institute project.
  22. [TR] Columbia Peak - West Spur 10/06/2019

Yeah, actually that was the initial inspiration for this peak. One day I'll have done all the Smoot guide but probably only because I'll have done most all the peaks around; it might be a while yet. He is a good source for peaks that don't necessarily catch your attention, that are best done shoulder season.
  23. Beacon

Wow! A brilliant and erudite analysis Rad. I was checking in to see where the man was yesterday, Ujahn, Ryan and I had it to ourselves all day.
  24. Beacon

I feel like we are watching Groundhog Day for Beowulf, who sets out each day to slay the dragon, returns in drunken triumph each night, and in a curious and cruel twist, each morning wakes to learn that the dreaded dragon yet lives, and the epic battle must be fought all over again. The cycle must repeat until our hero finally learns that the dragon is not his true nemesis, the battle is not the real battle, and victory, it seems, is simply the act of getting out of bed each day, drawing in a lungful of clean air, and yet feeling the beating of his heart, a metronome in flesh and bone, counting the seconds to his eventual death.
  25. Beacon

10/9 - day 44, lap 108-9 - fall moves further and subdues the fervor of the season that preceded it - wicked work until the sun was perilously low in the western sky but undeterred shot east-wards w/o question once the querulousness of tomorrow was at least clearly defined - dave post dump n' prior to my own, once in sequence we shuffled down the still sodden trail and achieved the base in the brisk yet damp air - a first lamp by the long way we felt another in order, and soon enough it was 2, a couple copper-ales to cement it all - groceries on the gambol home n' soon enough it'll be tomorrow and the three day what-have-you
  1. Load more activity