Extended periods of climbing or long alpine adventures have a way of simultaneously being both beneficial for the body and..
Search Gear Prices
Recent Blog Posts
- [TR] Mt. Hood - North Face Right Gully, Reid Headwall, Wy'East, Pearly Gates Enchainment 12/29/2019 December 30, 2019Trip: Mt. Hood - North Face Right Gully, Reid Headwall, Wy'East, Pearly Gates Enchainment Trip Date: 12/29/2019 Trip Report: I'm back in Oregon after my first semester of college in Canada! Over the last few months I have spent too much time ice and mixed climbing, not enough time in the mountains. Since I'm back […]
- [TR] North Sister - E Buttress 12/28/2019 December 30, 2019Trip: North Sister - E Buttress Trip Date: 12/28/2019 Trip Report: Pole Creek TH is currently accessible with a high clearance/4wd, some rutted snow and slick spots, but pretty easy. Good skin tracks from the TH to Middle and North with minimal snow pack (2 hrs to the base of North's E Butt). Some icy […]
- [TR] Colfax Peak - Cosley Houston 12/09/2019 December 13, 2019Trip: Colfax Peak - Cosley Houston Trip Date: 12/09/2019 Trip Report: Andrew Dyer and I boarded the last car on the Cosley Houston train this fall and climbed it on a beautiful December day. The route was in good shape, it seemed. 60m pitch of easy ice and snow to the crux. The crux was […]
- [TR] Chair Peak - NE Buttress 12/09/2019 December 10, 2019Trip: Chair Peak - NE Buttress Trip Date: 12/09/2019 Trip Report: Went out to Chair peak yesterday in search of mixed conditions and found exactly what we were searching for. We couldn't have asked for a nicer day, but would have preferred a few more clouds to shade us and the route from the blazing […]
- [TR] Huckleberry Mountain - The Trail 11/30/2019 December 5, 2019Trip: Huckleberry Mountain - The Trail Trip Date: 11/30/2019 Trip Report: In perhaps the longest shoulder season in 43 years what is a man to do? Ski areas closed, backcountry boney, ice thin, wet and scrappy....sigh. I guess it is time to slog up a bump in a scenic part of the range and take […]