Extended periods of climbing or long alpine adventures have a way of simultaneously being both beneficial for the body and..
Search Gear Prices
Recent Blog Posts
- [TR] Mt Shasta - Avalanche Gulch 02/22/2021 February 24, 2021Trip: Mt Shasta - Avalanche Gulch Trip Date: 02/22/2021 Trip Report: https://imgur.com/gallery/2HQrTOd Followed tracks until they disappeared somewhere after the Horse Camp turnoff. Snow was varied as usual; some firm crust, some breakable, some soft and fluffy that required kicking in several times to get any support. The steeper section by the Heart was firm. […]
- [TR] Shastina - Lightning Bolt 02/07/2021 February 24, 2021Trip: Shastina - Lightning Bolt Trip Date: 02/07/2021 Trip Report: https://imgur.com/gallery/x2a9sHq There was a good trail over to Horse Camp and signs of people doing avy rescue drills above it but past that, it was choose your own adventure. The snow on the climb up to the traverse over to Hidden Valley was soft and […]
- deep snow immersion hazard -- r.i.p. February 18, 2021this winter continues to claim lives in unexpected ways. Wednesday morning volunteers from King County SAR and Chelan County SAR retrieved the body of a snowboarder buried not far from the base area lodges at Stevens Pass Resort. the burial occurred near the bottom of the "Housewives" run, only about 50 feet from the edge […]
- [TR] Skookum Falls - Far Right Side 02/15/2021 February 17, 2021Trip: Skookum Falls - Far Right Side Trip Date: 02/15/2021 Trip Report: On President’s Day I finally got to climb my first pitches of ice in Washington and I got the full PNW experience. After skiing the Cascade concrete for the last three of months I found that the Cascade ice is quite the opposite. […]
- [TR] Wind River Range- Cirque of the Towers - Pingora, Wolf's Head, Overhanging, Warbonnet, Warrior, Bollinger 07/22/2020 February 6, 2021Trip: Wind River Range- Cirque of the Towers - Pingora, Wolf's Head, Overhanging, Warbonnet, Warrior, Bollinger Trip Date: 07/22/2020 Trip Report: And so the catch up continues from last year....We're up to July 2020 and the annual week long climbing trip with @Trent and whatever other partners in crime we can dredge up from the […]