Five years ago, the future of Washington’s premiere crag was in doubt. Long owned by a private citizen, the heart..
Search Gear Prices
Recent Blog Posts
- Smoke Conditions in Stuart Range? August 14, 2018Have a trip planned to climb Stuart/Enchantments area this weekend. Coming in from Idaho and wondering about smoke in the alpine. Anyone been up there in the last couple days? Is the Cougar Creek fire pushing enough smoke in that direction to make it unenjoyable to climb? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!!
- [TR] Bugaboos - Beckey-Chouinard and Surfs Up 08/07/2018 August 14, 2018Trip: Bugaboos - Beckey-Chouinard and Surfs Up Trip Date: 08/07/2018 Trip Report: My wife and I took a quick trip to the Bugs last week, primarily to get on South Howser’s Beckey-Chouinard which has been on my dream list for years. We also climbed Snowpatch spire via Surfs Up. Both were great routes, and we […]
- [TR] Colchuck Peak & Dragontail Peak - North Buttress 08/11/2018 August 14, 2018Trip: Colchuck Peak & Dragontail Peak - North Buttress Trip Date: 08/11/2018 Trip Report: After thru-hiking the Enchantments a couple years ago, it has been on my list to get back in the area and tackle some of the surrounding peaks. I'm not sure why it took so long! Just looking for a scramble, we […]
- Bugaboo-Snowpatch Col Conditions August 12, 2018Can any of you fine folks give me a current report for the Bugaboo-Snowpatch Col? Thanks, Jonathan
- [TR] Goode Mountain - Northeast Buttress From the West 07/10/2018 August 12, 2018Trip: Goode Mountain - Northeast Buttress From the West Trip Date: 07/10/2018 Trip Report: http://goacrophile.blogspot.com/2018/08/goode-ne-buttress-78-713-2018.html Gear Notes: Rack: Nuts and tricams, single BD C4 from 0.4-2, BD X4s 0.1-0.3; 12 alpine draws and 4 long slings. Rope: Single half rope (60 m), doubled over for the rick climbing. Ice: Crampons, one ice screw, and one […]