There is no denying the convenience of dinner in a bag. The makers of pre-packaged “backpacker” meals know this, and..
Search Gear Prices
Recent Blog Posts
- [TR] WELKER! - Whacky Wallow 01/18/2021 January 21, 2021Trip: WELKER! - Whacky Wallow Trip Date: 01/18/2021 Trip Report: You can all feel sorry for @Alisse. She was desperate enough this week to reach out to @Kit and myself to try and climb a mountain somewhere. And so we convinced her that she might as well go where few have gone before.....WELKER! And since […]
- [TR] Chair Peak - NE Buttress 01/17/2021 January 20, 2021Trip: Chair Peak - NE Buttress Trip Date: 01/17/2021 Trip Report: Climbed NE Buttress of Chair Peak on Sunday 01/17/21. Snowshoe approach with headlamps was warm and wet, with a persistent drizzle. This led to the avalanche slopes along the Snow Lake approach shedding copious roller balls. Despite this, the slopes showed no sign of […]
- [TR] Chair Peak West Face - [FA] The Upper West Side (WI4+ M4) 01/18/2021 January 19, 2021Trip: Chair Peak West Face - [FA] The Upper West Side (WI4+ M4) Trip Date: 01/18/2021 Trip Report: Yesterday @Doug_Hutchinson and I skied out to the west face of Chair with low expectations and too much weight on our backs. As far as I can tell, this face has seen little to no winter climbing […]
- [TR] The Mighty Tooth - Regular 01/17/2021 January 19, 2021Trip: The Mighty Tooth - Regular Trip Date: 01/17/2021 Trip Report: Took a spin up The Mighty w/ a lad from work for his first mixed climb. Mixed as in slush and rock, with just a hint of ice. Oh man, if it gets cold before it dumps again... Gear Notes: Tricams Approach Notes: Separate […]
- [TR] MT HOOD - Reid glacier HW 01/09/2021 January 10, 2021Trip: MT HOOD - Reid glacier HW Trip Date: 01/09/2021 Trip Report: We climbed Reid HW yesterday. Taking the longer 8a variation. CURRENT ROUTE CONDITIONS: Deep snow from IR over to the base of the route with a bit of snow swimming as you approach the base of the route. Most of the ice steps/ramps […]