As climbers and climbing-gear buyers, we are accustomed to wading through marketing claims, weeding out hearsay, and determining the facts..
Tag Archives: Belay Devices
Search Gear Prices
Recent Blog Posts
- [TR] Bow Yoho Traverse - standard 04/10/2017 January 12, 2018Trip: Bow Yoho Traverse - standard Trip Date: 04/10/2017 Trip Report: Swish, swish, swish, swish…… For hours we’ve been slogging out of the Little Yoho valley on the snowed over road after we found no room at the Stanley Mitchell hut. Darkness was approaching and our sole car was 46km away at Bow Lodge, on […]
- The Olympics this coming weekend? January 11, 2018I think my wife and I are gonna roll the dice and go for some backcountry adventure on the peninsula. Anyone have any recommendations for a fun trip? We have between Sat-Mon. Kinda thinkin Mt. Ellinor unless someone has a better suggestion!
- [TR] Bridge River near Lillooet - Bitcoin Billionaire 01/07/2018 January 9, 2018Trip: Bridge River near Lillooet - Bitcoin Billionaire Trip Date: 01/07/2018 Trip Report: Steve Janes, Danny O'Farrell and I climbed a new route off Bridge River on Jan 7/2017. After working in the area for a few years Danny noticed an attractive flow of ice high up the valley that had yet to be climbed. […]
- 3Couloirs...Dragontail January 4, 2018Anybody been up Triple Couloirs recently? I'd imagine it's thin but assume it might be in. I'm a 5 hour drive away so am hoping to wait until it's definitely in, to make the drive. Thanks!
- Rock Spire East of Lyle January 4, 2018Has anyone climbed the rock formation just off HWY 14 east of Lyle or have any FA information? Seems like someone might have considered developing it. Email me: wojtek at pagacz dot ca