[TR] Three Sisters Wilderness - N. Sister, M. Sister 8/31/2010

Lucky Larry

Trip: Three Sisters Wilderness - N. Sister, M. Sister

Date: 8/31/2010

Trip Report:

Date Aug 31 to Sept 7. Did N. Sister to summit snow patch and turned around because sketchy looking scree after snow patch. Did M. Sister twice. Reg route: had two small snow patches, one just above notch, and one near summit; collier glacier route w/second highest snow field to E. ridge to summit-sketchy, interesting, talus blocks to summit. Snow was perfect neve' before sun hit. Practice crampon technique. Short re-con to east side. Fatigue/weather coincided at nearly the same time for trip out.

Gear Notes:

crampons, one tool; should have brought two for second highest snow field?/glacier to play around on it more: probably around 40 degree angle; not sure, but would have felt way more secure.

Approach Notes:

Obsidian TH

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jeebus larry, you humped a week's worth of shit in and hung out alone all that time - you bring a book or really catch up on your sleep? :)
well, I had Madame Bovary to read; the poor thing just can't make up her mind who she wants to co-noodle with. Sleep? Not much cause too excited/amped.The last two nights I sorta slept and even had a non-sexual intriguing dream about 3 sisters that were checking me out and passing me around-I'm not joking. I did make a run back to the car to grab more fuel/food. The only thing I ended up with on the way out was too much coffee, too little sleep, and a big-old-hard-on. OK, maybe not that big; but it was hard. Really hard. And old. And thinking whats next. And laughing more than once at myself for stupid thoughts. Now i have to hide the dry roasted peanuts or I'm going to blow chips. And recover, hopefully, enough for the next thing.

• 2 months later...