[TR] Cannon - north gully 4/14/2010

danhelmstadter

Trip: Cannon - north gully

Date: 4/14/2010

Trip Report:

Good times yesterday on Cannon, my stoke was a little low - eyeing the shwacky-shwagy approach up leg-breaker rotten snow/deadfall, but once I got past the minor shwack and mank zone, the ascent was bueatiful. Snow was cold-variable in the gully and aprun, then wet-variable for the remayinder. Skiing was THIN on the lower slopes, but I pretty much skiied to the creek - where the nice log I had used was nowhere to be seen, but I was able to keep dry via some slippery rock hoping.

2166031560103935217S600x600Q85.jpg

[video:youtube]

a view from the gate -- 6k relief

2813268800103935217S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by danhelmstadter

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevino, the snow line is still about 2 miles up, pretty much the same, but the depth is much less and coverage is getting spotty, it's warm 'round here now, so i wouldn't be surprised to see it open late weekend or early next week.

Kurt, I didn't traverse left onto the west slopes until way past the gully -- where the drainage started to narrow and steepen.

Niiiice, that line just went on my list. Looks like a blast. It might be on purpose, but you left the little orange protecto-condom thing on your whippet. :)

P.S. You lugging around a wheelbarrrow to the trailheads? :)

Edited by JoshK