[TR] Colchuck Cirque - Backbone Ridge 6/27/2009

telemarker

Trip: Colchuck Cirque - Backbone Ridge

Date: 6/27/2009

Trip Report:

Wow. Busy weekend out in the alpine. Matt and I had our own fun. Besides Liberty Crack last yer, this was his first ever long venture into the alpine environs. Climb went off really well. Flawless day. A tidy 8 hours on route and 9pm, headlamp-less return to the car had me smiling. :grin:

Some photos:

bbone1.jpg

bbone2.jpg

bbone5.jpg

bbone21.jpg

bbone22.JPG

bbone6.jpg

bbone16.jpg

bbone20.jpg

Gear Notes:

Med. rack to 3.5"

Edited by telemarker

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Good job on your climbs up there! Not trying to be smug, but the off-width carries more hype than it deserves. For example the o/w pitch on Prusik's Burgner/Stanley, also rated 5.9 feels much more desperate than Backbone's o/w. On backbone, it's low-angled, has great features for the right foot, you can fit your entire left thigh in the crack and use it as a cam, so much so that I've quit bringing the #6 Camalot because it's useless after this one pitch. The rest of the climbing on Backbone is fun and well-protected!

Beta overload on the offwidth. All sense of mystery dispelled. Time to return to the climbing gym.

If Wenatchee had a gym, I'd give up outdoor climbing altogether. Just sack up and lead it without the #5! So, which route are you doing this Friday again??!!

Zonk, just wait for my Colchuck/Dragontail traverse TR.

Telemarker, You do good climbs, and climb well from what I read. But how many TR's do we need on the same route ?

Yeah Telemarker why don't you post some personal insults or political analysis or your opinion of what ought to done about health care or a picture of a fat housecat? That's the kind of thing that would really add some VALUE to this site!

Telemarker, You do good climbs, and climb well from what I read. But how many TR's do we need on the same route ?

Yeah Telemarker why don't you post some personal insults or political analysis or your opinion of what ought to done about health care or a picture of a fat housecat? That's the kind of thing that would really add some VALUE to this site!

:tup: :tup: :tup:

I really don't think cc.com has hit the point where there are too many trip reports so people should start self-moderating/censoring them.

I enjoy reading about other people's experiences, even if it's on a route I've done (haven't done this one...yet) or one that's been written about by a dozen others. More is better.

Nice TR. Thanks.

Edited by spotly