[TR] Colchuck area - 6/9/2009

Pete04

Trip: Colchuck area -

Date: 6/9/2009

Trip Report:

**Disclaimer: I posted a similar post on TAY but I noticed there was a lack of skiing posts regarding this area on cc.com, so decided to post here too**

The plan was to ski Cannon Mtn. Due to an apparent lack of snow and no idea how to get there (seriously, where do you get off the trail to head to Cannon? It looks like all cliffs east of Stuart Creek Trail), we called an audible and decided to follow the trail and see where it led us.

It led us to what I think was the Colchuck Glacier. I say think b/c I didn't take any GPS readings and my map reading has been known to be off from time to time. Anyway, there's great line from between Colchuck peak and Dragontail Peak. Aasgard Pass only had snow on it's lower half.

This is a great day tour for anyone willing to hike a lot and ski a little. But, the views on the ski down are phenomenal!

Gear Notes:

Hiking boots - it's about 5.2 miles of hiking before you even get to the snow.

Hard shell boots for kick stepping (crampons recommended for snowboarders, ppl in hiking boots, etc)

Approach Notes:

Road 7601 out of Leavenworth. Trail 1599 to 1599.1 around the lake. Then, pick a line any line.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic