[TR] Ingalls East Peak - South Ridge 7/5/2008

DPS

Trip: Ingalls East Peak - South Ridge

Date: 7/5/2008

Trip Report:

Richard Zeigler responded to my partner wanted ad for an easy day trip on Saturday. We decided on a traverse of the Ingall's Peaks.

We hiked up to the North-East Ingalls Couloir under poor visibililty and theatening skies. We started scrambling easy rock on the left margin until I chickened out and asked to rope up. We climbed over the chockstone to the gain the slabs of the East peak and in two pitches reached the summit. The first pitch was low 5th, the second 4th class.

Three rappels brought us down to the start of the East Ridge of the North Peak. Richard lead off in a light drizzle. By the time I reached the belay it was raining lightly and I wasn't having fun on the slabby rock so we bailed, making one rap to the couloir and another down the couloir to the snow.

On our hike out we saw a family of mountain Goats at Ingall's Pass. All in all a nice day out desipite the gloomy weather.

Thanks Richard!

Gear Notes:

Small rack, rope, axe

Approach Notes:

Snow, wear boots

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job getting out in the drizzle. That traverse is on my plan 'B' list. Looks like a blast.

My wife and I were over exploring on Navaho Peak and basins nearby all weekend. The rain gear went on and off a dozen times on Saturday :) Made for some excellent lighting for pics though.

As far as that textured rock and the serpentinite, we ran into a huge sampling:

NavahoPeak_031.jpg

NavahoPeak_035.jpg

How's this for texture!?

NavahoPeak_032.jpg