[TR] Cashmere - Eight Mile TR 6/21/2008

MtnClimbr

Trip: Cashmere - Eight Mile TR

Date: 6/21/2008

Trip Report:

Having a new climber with us, we decided to opt for a less technical climb. We have recently been enjoying the Alpine Lakes area, so decided to go back. Cashmere seemed like a good choice and it still needed to be checked off the 'list'.

We started from the Eight Mile TR, although I have heard there are other alternatives. The trail was in good condition with a few stream crossings.

DSC_0697.JPG

Leaving little eight mile lake, heading towards caroline.

DSC_0705.JPG

There was some snow covering the trail once you reach caroline. So from there on, your own route finding is necessary, but fairly straight forward. After we got above the tree line, we had some lunch with great views to the south.

Beef Jerkey? sure. Stuart next trip? yes.

DSC_0753.JPG

Dragontail, Colchuck, Stuart, etc.

DSC_0750.JPG

The final push to the summit is pretty simple, I would guess that every person up there has found a different route. Basically just class 3, some class 4 if you want to make it fun. To find the easiest path, traverse around to the north before you start to ascend the rock. Currently, there are a few steep snow crossings.

DSC_0796.JPG

Class 3 to the summit.

DSC_0790.JPG

Cashmere summit is great to stand atop, with very dramatic views of the enchantments. It is always fun to take a 'step back' and see the mountains you've climbed recently from a distance.

Cashmere summit with Stuart in the distance.

DSC_0829.JPG

A memorable summit pose.

DSC_0854.JPG

Overall, we had a great climb, a little rain never hurt anyone (except for me... I'm mellllting!). Crew members from bellingham didn't seem to mind. The trail is feels a lot longer than it really is, especially on the trip back down. 15 miles round trip or something like that. Sore feet, tons of mosquitoes down low, great times!

Gear Notes:

Bring DEET! We loaded it on in the morning, but it wore off before we got back down. A small canister would have been nice to have...

Approach Notes:

Its a long hike, bring comfy hiking boots.

Edited by MtnClimbr

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic