[TR] Guye Peak - East Couloir 2/12/2007

ilookeddown

Trip: Guye Peak - East Couloir

Date: 2/12/2007

Trip Report:

Aaron and I skiied the east coulior of Guye Peak today. The coulior begins near the north summit of the peak about 5 vertical meters down. We saw it last spring while skiing Kendall Peak and decided to give it a try today. We did it late in the day and the snow was a little too soft but the ski was enjoyable. It took us a little over 2 hours car to car.

Aaron at the north summit

CIMG0301.JPG

looking down

CIMG0302.JPG

getting in

CIMG0305.JPG

time to ski

CIMG0310.JPG

CIMG0313.JPG

CIMG0316.JPG

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I was looking at that from the top a week+ ago (w/o skis), thinking about how it would go. It looked great from the top. I had climbed down it in summer, but not up or down in winter. Last week I had a rare "window of opportunity" (i.e. a few hours worth of a hall pass) but no partner and didn't want to not have a friend with a shovel just in case. Looks like it was good, thanks for the TR and pics!

We just went up to the saddle between cave ridge and guye from commonwealth. We actually started from the hair pin of Oberstrasse Rd and toured up from there. It saved us a few hunderd feet. As for the gully, it's the one used to get from the middle summit to the north summit when climbing any of the west or south routes.