[TR] Mt Snoqualmie and Issaquah Urgent Care- Western aspects of Mt Snoqualmie 11/24/2006

DPS

Climb: Mt Snoqualmie and Issaquah Urgent Care-Western aspects of Mt Snoqualmie

Date of Climb: 11/24/2006

Trip Report:

Alex and I had a great ski tour with some yo-yo skiing in deep powder. Close to the snow lake trail I managed to fall and sprain my ankle. After Alex dropped me off at home, my wife took me to the local urgent care clinic. People would sit down next to me then get up and move. After the doc called me back, a kid told his mom I stunk. I was diagnosed with a class 2/3 sprain and I will not be skiing or running for 3-4 weeks. Doh! Other than the sprain, it was a great tour with incredible, deep powder. Thanks Alex!

Gear Notes:

Skis, skins, poles.

Approach Notes:

Pandora, Sky and friend broke trail. Thanks!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay off of it!!! I sprained my ankle a few years back, decided to take pain killers and wrap it and then climb a mountain three days later (c'mon, it was a beautiful sunny November day in the PNW, how can you not?)

Well doing that I managed to rip some tendons and I still break scar tissue from time to time.

Moral of the story: Stay off of yer ankle, unless the summit is really, really worth it.

not true, this is totaly old school. scarring is caused by healing with no motion. what you need to do is start rehab proper. ice, mild foot ankle excercises to preserve the range of motion and prevent edema. Next more rehab. after the pain and most inflammation is gone start strength and proprioceptive rehab (the last is as important as strenght). you can use "wobly board for it".

Contrary to popular belief lates study show using NASIDS (ibo included) prolongs the recovery time and might lead to weaker tissue (moslty due to the fact of decreased number of fibroblast cells).

anyway- go and see a chiro and have your ankle adjusted and reset. good luck with your recovery- and don't listen to pseudo- science.

I would recommend seeing a Physical Therapist, not a chiropractor. A PT will assist you in all the therapies dicussed by "GGK" and help you get back on your feet. At least you got some tracks in.. and it is still early season so you can look forward to late January freshiez!!!

not true, this is totaly old school. scarring is caused by healing with no motion. what you need to do is start rehab proper. ice, mild foot ankle excercises to preserve the range of motion and prevent edema. Next more rehab. after the pain and most inflammation is gone start strength and proprioceptive rehab (the last is as important as strenght). you can use "wobly board for it".

Contrary to popular belief lates study show using NASIDS (ibo included) prolongs the recovery time and might lead to weaker tissue (moslty due to the fact of decreased number of fibroblast cells).

anyway- go and see a chiro and have your ankle adjusted and reset. good luck with your recovery- and don't listen to pseudo- science.

What Bob forgot to mention is that you should TAKE A BATH! You'll smell much better.