[TR] Martin Stadium- Crack Route 8/29/2005

Climb: Martin Stadium-Crack Route

Date of Climb: 8/29/2005

Trip Report:

For years it's been passed by, unnoticed to thousands of Wazzu students and climbers...until today. But there it was, begging to be climbed in all it's glory.

3720the_route-med.JPG

The approach was a brutal 4 minute affair that included stopping by the Climbing Wall to get shoes and crash pads. We then proceeded to get lost and had to negotiate a vicious fence that blocked our progress. But we knew the battle would be won.

Upon arrival, we deployed pads and began to send. We tried laybacking, but the fall looked pretty scary onto the hardest of concrete and asphalt.

3720sam_lb-med.JPG

3720lb1-med.JPG

Jamming it was. And it was GOOD! Tight hands widening into perfect hands. The climbing felt like solid 5.9 or low 5.10.

3720n-med.JPG

A slippery coating of algae in the top three feet prevented the FA today, but we will return and it will be ours! Who says there's nothing to climb in Pullman?

Gear Notes:

2 crash pads

Approach Notes:

football players

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You came oh so close to the FA...you couged it, man! cry.gif
What else would you expect? I was at the stadium after all. wave.gif

Way to link the pitches. Did you have to bivy?

I did bypass the obvious ledge, hoping for the integral ascent. It was getting dark, but we didn't spend a forced night out, opting for bigdrink.gif instead.

Maybe I'll have another go at it today. From the picture, I was one jam away from the send. blush.gif

Excellent work... but I might check with Chris Tapfer or John Crock for confirmation before claiming the FA on that one! grin.gif Ask John about his urban Palouse ice climbing experiences while you are at it... I too know the desperation that comes from being marooned in the Pullman. It drives you to climb at Granite Point!

-TA wave.gif