[TR] Leavenworth Snow Creek Wall - Hyperspace 5/17/2014

telemarker

Trip: Leavenworth Snow Creek Wall - Hyperspace

Date: 5/17/2014

Trip Report:

Dr. Tom Michael, Mark Shaffer and I took our turn on Hyperspace on Snow Creek Wall. A very busy Snow Creek Wall. The wall, Outer Space in particular, was as busy as I've ever seen it. As we were rapping down, the upper headwall crack of O/S had a string of humanity slowly jamming its way up.

We even had some traffic on Iconoclast, but it wasn't nearly as bad and we all moved along efficiently.

Combined with Iconoclast (Psychopath, Yellow Wall), Hyperspace may be Washington's best multi-pitch crag offering of sustained cracks. Maybe I'm wrong. Just my very biased opinion.

Anyway, attached below are a few shots from the day of the Pressure Chamber, and even a little "beta" video about how to climb it without doing the miserable overhanging squeeze chimney.

Dr. Tom after the difficulties.

IMG_2532.JPG

Mark pulling through.

IMG_2534.JPG

It's a cramped belay stance for two, even more so with three. But it's nice to hang out an chat about the route, life, etc...

IMG_2537.JPG

Tom tackling the final little pitch to the top. Even this last pitch is fun.

IMG_25381.JPG

One of the better spring days so far this year. And no ticks were found or harmed in the making of this TR.

[video:youtube]

Edited by telemarker

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic