Buying Gear Online?

Use our price tool to find the best price on any piece or gear or clothing. Purchases using this tool support cc.com.

Supporting Sponsors
Pro Mountain Sports
Thermawrap Parka 12.8oz

blank
Who's Online
3 registered (JonNelson, JosephH, 1 invisible), 58 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
27419 Members
50 Forums
100715 Topics
1147020 Posts

Max Online: 627 @ 12/18/06 12:02 AM
Top TR Contributors
ivan 118
KaskadskyjKozak 107
JasonG 102
tvashtarkatena 99
off_the_hook 90
danhelmstadter 88
wayne 76
AlpineK 73
telemarker 71
G-spotter 57
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1119579 - 01/27/14 03:07 PM [TR] Whitehorse Mountain - Standard 1/20/2014
Jacob Smith Offline
journeyman

TRs: 10 Photos: 2
Loc: Mill Creek, Washington
Trip: Whitehorse Mountain - Standard

Date: 1/20/2014

Trip Report:
On Monday the 20th Adam Walker, Josh Lewis and I climbed Whitehorse Mountain via the standard route. We camped at the trailhead and started the hike at 3am, but due to some slowdowns with a couple members of the team bailing we did not make the summit until 12:45.
Route finding was not all that difficult, the trick to the traverse past Lone Tree Pass seems to be to go low and stay low, the correct gully is obvious once you are below it. The summit block itself was fairly simple, 60 degree snow that took bucket steps very well followed by a short, steeper section to the crest. I belayed Adam and Josh up on a picket and then they rappelled, leaving me to clean the anchor and down-climb.
All in all it was a great day on a peak Iíve been wanting to get up for a long time.

Additional photos can be found here.

Gear Notes:
Snow conditions were phenomenal, with excellent cramponing for the vast majority of the route, we carried snowshoes but did not need them. Also not needed were the second tool, the ice screws, and the small rock rack that I carried.

Help Support CascadeClimbers

Arc'teryx - Lyra Skort
$47.99
Save 30%

Velaro 35 - Men's
$164.25
Save 25%

Want to browse more deals? Check out our price comparison and deal finder tool!

#1119633 - 01/28/14 03:36 PM Re: [TR] Whitehorse Mountain - Standard 1/20/2014 [Re: Jacob Smith]
crazedmaniac Offline
journeyman

TRs: 0 Photos: 29
Loc: n.w. washington
NICCCCE! you guys friggen SCORED! doesn't get any better for conditions than ... this/that. bet ya have some really sweet pics, like this one ... SO...???
and better to have, and not need, than to not, and don't. Been there to many times in the past, so most all-ways,(cause, never again) i have mass stuff, i didn't use. The movie done just to the east here, was all based on the .. "now we don't have it, and what we guna do now???"

#1119636 - 01/28/14 03:43 PM Re: [TR] Whitehorse Mountain - Standard 1/20/2014 [Re: Jacob Smith]
crazedmaniac Offline
journeyman

TRs: 0 Photos: 29
Loc: n.w. washington
and... uh ... always dangerous, bragging about doing stuff, in super time. Wish i woulda had some big talker (found out had no experience) 'bragger' bail on us,way early, in early 90,s in very similar conditions, on n face big 4. never 'believed' a chest thumper again, after that.

Moderator:  chucK, mattp, Off_White, snoboy, To_The_Top 
© 2000-10 cascadeclimbers.com · Cookies · Board Rules · Mark all read ·