[TR] Liberty Bell - Liberty Crack 7/28/2012

wbk

Trip: Liberty Bell - Liberty Crack

Date: 7/28/2012

Trip Report:

Finally got around to getting on Liberty Crack. What a great route and with a great partner! I met Evan at Outward Bound in Mazama and since then we've been on trips together for work but never actually been out to climb together at WA pass (besides a little cragging at Fun Rock).

Evan has some aid experience but was really keen to lead two main aid pitches... and what a great job he did. The rest of the route went smoothly and we made pretty good time overall - about 10 hours on route which we were pretty happy with.

Note that one of the bashies on p3 will go pretty soon though. I think high stepping really high or a cam hook would get you passed this bit but perhaps worth knowing.

I really have to say that I was really impressed with this route. It had more thoughtful climbing than I frankly expected and I was delighted that it keeps up more or less to the end! If you're thinking about doing this route, I highly recommend it.

libertycrack1.jpg

Sure is beautiful up there.

lib2.jpg

>

Evan styling it

lib4.jpg

p3

lib5.jpg

for all of y'all that know me out there :)

lib6.jpg

thanks for a great day out evan!

Gear Notes:

Plenty of info and opinions on mtn project. In terms of offset nuts, one set was plenty for us but the smaller offset nuts came in useful for sure.

Approach Notes:

Snow is hard at the bottom in the morning. No axe, one set of aluminum crampons for the leader who can then fix the rope for the second to just pull up to the rock worked really well for us. Climbing with one pair of aluminum crampons is almost as light as an axe and certainly less akward.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic