[TR] Sahale Peak- Sahale Arm/Glacier 7/7/2005

off_the_hook

Climb: Sahale Peak-Sahale Arm/Glacier

Date of Climb: 7/7/2005

Trip Report:

With time and weather constrictions, we climbed Sahale Peak on Thursday. Even though I have done this route many times, the setting and reward is still very worthwhile. We had great weather and pleasant temps. I know that my visiting friend, new to the cascades, enjoyed the trip.

3820Forbidden0001.JPG

3820Stitched_0020001.JPG

3820DSCN02140001.JPG

We set out from Cascade Pass at 9:10 am, summited at just after noon, chilled until 12:50 when a large group approached from the Quien Sabe Glacier, and made it back to the car at 3:20 pm. Sahale Glacier is still a snowfield with generally good conditions for kicking steps. The final summit bloc was straightforward and I was glad we had some time before the large group showed up.

3820Stitched_0030001.JPG

Using my previous trips here as a barometer, it seems there is much less snow than usual below Sahale Glacier Camp, but approaching more normal levels above the camp.

3820cascadepass0001.JPG

Gear Notes:

ice axe

Approach Notes:

virtually snow free to sahale glacier camp

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the other guys that went up via the Sahale Arm that day. In the time that it took us to eat and rope up for the glacier, you guys had crossed it and started up the rock. thumbs_up.gif You are lucky to have summited before the big guided group; they really took their time rapping down. Fun climb.